The Universe has a message for you. Are you paying attention?

 Are you listening to the whispers from your intuition or paying attention to the little breadcrumbs the universe is laying out for you? If not, what clues are you missing?

I can’t say I was always tuned into that inner voice, but for whatever reason, I was listening when a colleague remarked “You need to do more of this in your day job.” The ‘this’ she was referring to, more than a decade ago, was speaking from the podium after she heard one of my speeches at our Toastmasters club. That suggestion inexplicably took hold! My corporate role at that time was mostly leveraging my technical and analytical skills and I knew I had to invent opportunities for presenting. With the help of my leaders, I recrafted my role slowly to include more speaking opportunities. In hindsight, this was the inflection point but I did not know it then.  
 
After that inflection point, in the years that followed, I stumbled upon another unexpected discovery (aka breadcrumb from the universe) while involved in a key strategic initiative. I realized that I loved unlocking the potential in people! This was a vision-clarifying moment! Today, helping people find meaning and fulfillment at work is a cornerstone of my speaking business. It all starts with empowering individuals to have an owner’s mindset.

While every career transition that followed the initial inflection point, was initiated by an inner knowing, it could not have been realized without the support of my leaders, coworkers, and friends at Brighthouse Financial, MetLife, and AIG. I sincerely thank each one of you for the generosity you showed me through the years and wish you all the very best.

Next time you are surprised by the synchronicity and accuracy of a YouTube or book recommendation on your phone, know that it could be the universe working its magic. Slow down and listen closely…

Let me wrap up this post by sharing the moment that served as a catalyst for the final transition to today. After this moment from the District Conference International Speech Contest (picture insert), my inner voice resorted to yelling at me with a bullhorn and reminding me daily that I was ready for a fresh beginning and all the challenges that came with it. I listened. I am proud to say that Speaking is now my day job!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Double Edged Sword of Likability

Are you frustrated by your cynical and disengaged employee? Don't give up yet.

The Likability Trap